Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Just Bad Cop  Empty Just Bad Cop

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:06 pm
Eito watched Alastair and Nina make their way to a more private location, before turning to see Lara still watching him, though she did not speak immediately. The exaggerated tone and posture he had used on the Toreador vanished. His voice hushed and precise he said, “I am well aware of the opinion you and your ally’s have of me. I need not be reminded  every occasion.”

Speaking a little louder he adds, “Perhaps I am feeling more relaxed tonight as I have made progress on learning the whereabouts of my sire. Maybe. I think.”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin
https://vtmwcn.forumotion.com

Just Bad Cop  Empty Re: Just Bad Cop

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:00 pm
The Sheriff blinks exactly once at the outburst.

"You are under the Doom of Damocles by the grace of my sister, clanless bastard though you are. If I had my way you'd have been executed the moment you were discovered. As things are now you are an occasional annoyance with an expiration date just a little longer than a bottle of milk and I feel no need to take direct action to correct such a short term problem when I have larger concerns. However, if you speak to me like that again I will reassess that opinion and the merits of tossing you out with the rest of the trash. Do not assume that just because this is Elysium that I cannot drag you out of here and dance in the charred splinters of your bones in the garden."

She drums the fingers of one hand on the silvery basket hilt of her sword, cooly holding up her other hand to examine the nails of her other hand. Then her eyes shift back to Eito and arcs of electricity dance between her fingers with loud snaps and the air smells of ozone. Eito feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand up Her eyes are flat, cool and angry and her mouth is drawn down into a sneer of contempt.

"Now, apologize and try that again."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:34 pm
The hairs on Eito's neck rose out of both fear and anger. He wanted nothing more than to shoot back a retort at Sheriff in a display of clever wordplay.
Now is not the time. He told himself. He reminded himself of why he was even here tonight- to prove he was worth something to the Prince.  And that "something" needed to be more than a pile of ash. The message was clear: The Sheriff was not to be trifled with.  
His eyes turned sincere and sheepish, "I apologize for my behavior. Though a year has passed I admit I am still unfamiliar with our customs and mannerisms. I mean no disrespect; what you saw was how I bantered with others at fine parties in life. If it is flippant than it shall cease."

He offered a  smile, not exaggerated but timid, "And if you would like to hear, I would like to share what I have discovered thus far."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 pm
Lara nods once and dismisses the dancing lightning with a flick of her wrist.

"Better. Now, what have you discovered?"
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:54 pm
"According to mortal accounts, I was one in the recent strings of murders. I am still not certain of the connection, but it has something to do with this Obadiah Flick. I am sure of that.  While I didn't know at the time, he was stalking me when I went to investigate the scene where I was embraced. Even if he isn't directly behind it as he only came here recently, he still has some sort of interest."
He wanted to seem to add more, to say that Agatha had more information about Eito's death that night- but that clearly indicate his interest in her and jeopardize their plan to get her out alive. He then decided that was the perfect transition  into . . .
"I was hopeful that a capable veteran as yourself would be able to provide guidance how to safely handle a wielder of magic. If I am to get the answers I need, I fear a direct confrontation is inevitable."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:25 pm
She considers for a moment, again drumming her fingers on her sword.

"Hmm. So you think this Flick is the one who Embraced you? Or was it the monster responsible for the other murders? And what are you hoping to get out of such a confrontation? A confession?"

She makes a pensive noise, brow furrowed.

"If you were one of those murders that would push their timetable back considerably. So far as Camelot knows the murders began only about ninety nights ago. Then again, if he really is a wizard then he would be able to conceal his activities with relative ease. Wizards are crafty and powerful, they can do much more with their Sphere magic than you would believe possible. If he is a wizard and you seek him out for an open confrontation he will scatter your ashes in Lake Michigan. Which would amuse me, but fail to provide justice in the matter of your Embrace. Instead, you should find out where he is and let my agents know. My Mongrels have experience dealing with his kind and relish the chance to feast on wizard vitae."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:39 pm
Eito shrugged, "I just suspect he has something to do with it- I feel we would know if he was a wizard and a Kindred." He shuddered, "I certainly hope that monster at the Green Mill has nothing to me with me. I spoke with a detective who investigated my case, and he didn't really seem to know much aside from confirming it looked like something tore my neck apart. Other than that, he said the details were fuzzy."
"Charging in even with my coterie would be a fools errand. Trust me, as much as I want to see justice served, I do not have any interest becoming a martyr to that end."

Knowing he did not really have much to offer on the front of his creation, he then asked, "Do you know of other's like me, no clan to call their own? Or have you. . . dealt with them already?"
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 pm
The Sheriff shakes her head in amusement.

"There's no such thing as a wizard-Kindred. The closest there is to such a thing is the Tremere, who were once wizards themselves who merged with a Clan and adapted their Blood Magic from there but at the cost of their Sphere magic all in the name of pursuing immortality. Something about the Embrace destroys their magical abilities, leaving them no stronger than any other Kindred in that regard."

Her gaze is cold and steady.

"Clanless are not a new problem, but it seems in recent years they are becoming more common. It's an ill omen. It is said that the Final Nights will be ushered by the ones who barely carry the curse of Caine, those of thin blood. I do not believe such nonsense, but many fools do. There may be a few others skulking about in my city, I do not keep track of such things. My interest in you was not aroused by your bloodline or lack thereof, only by the fact that you were Embraced without the consent of Prince Bianca. That you are also a bastard is merely a coincidence so far as I know, but perhaps that is a clue its self. It is said that only the weakest most wretched of Caine's children produce a Caitiff when they Embrace."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:39 pm
Eito blinked, trying to keep his face unreadable in spite of the thinly-veiled insults. "I am trying to understand a motivation for my existence; I thought that might be a good place to start. I heard others suggest that my creation was due to a kindred losing themselves and embracing me on accident, then abandoning me in shame. I hoping that is not the case and the story would be more interesting than that."

He then got an idea- he was on thin ice with the Sheriff, but as long as he remained respectful, he might still be able to something out of this "I know I was a reporter in life, but I want to contribute more than just tattle on the doings of Obadiah or my sire when I find them. Would your assistants be willing to teach a willing Kindred on how to hold oneself's in battle?"
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:03 pm
She shrugs one shoulder.

"I find that life, whether among the Kine or Kindred, is rarely interesting on such a small scale. You might as well ask why a dog eats its own shit as ask why the craven and stupid behave as they do."

Her eyes settle on his again. They're cold, dark and beautiful; heavy with age and keen.

"Do you think so little of your own investigative skills that you wish to change careers now? Do not disregard the value of information in favor of brawn; never forget that it is a Ventrue that rules here and not a Brujah, or the mighty wizards."

One corner of her mouth quirks in amusement.

"But suppose I did have someone I could spare to take you under their wing for a time. What can you offer to make it worth my time?"
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 pm
Eito gave a small chuckle, "Hardly. I want to add self-defense to my list of capabilities.  I have no intent to allow my investigative skills to dull and just punch my way through roadblocks. But possessing knowledge and having the means to carry it out are- unfortunately- two different things. And sometimes intellect is lost on some lowly individuals- only seemingly understanding defeat when a fist is lodged in their gut or knife in their neck."

He then thought about what he could offer. He was saving his largest offering for the Prince herself, and he was not sure what else he could offer the Sheriff. He then decided on, "While I regret I cannot hunt down my old tutor right now who could vouch for me, I am an astute student.  What I can offer is an unwavering dedication to the pursuit of self-improvement- so that I be of use to you and your sister."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:49 pm
She smirks and there's a glint of something in her eye.

"Well, I'd certainly hate for such a valuable tool to go to waste. Very well. I shall arrange for one of my Mongrels to call on you a few nights per week to train you in the arts of self defense. You will not be instructed in any Disciplines, only the best way to employ blades, firearms, fangs and claws to your own defense. Furthermore, you are not to claim membership or association with my Mongrels; this is training only not initiation. That is an honor you are not worthy of."

She smiles fully now, and were it not for the fangs it would be truly lovely.

"Given your dedication to self improvement I'll be sure to let your instructor know you're to be pushed hard. I'll look forward to hearing of your progress."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:16 pm
Eito was actually surprised when the Sheriff entertained his request. He did his best to hide it as he said, "You shall not be disappointed. For either I exceed your expectations and become a tool worthy to rest on your belt, or I manage to fail and kill myself -thus I am no longer your problem. Though in all honesty I am grateful and I understand all you have said."

Even with her evident slight amusement, he figured her patience with him was beginning to thin. "Well, I thank you for lending me your ear this evening. If you do not have any further requests of me I shall leave you be."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum