Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
"BIG AL"

Who Wants to be a Regisnaire? Empty Who Wants to be a Regisnaire?

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:29 pm
As Big Al entered the sanctum he kept his back to the wall, taking in the entire spectacle with his eyes. The Pillars, the Fae, the mingling Elder Kindred making waves with their followers as they tarried around the room. He met the eyes of Colleen who was attempting to talk up some Toreadors. He gave a smile and a wave not wanting to interrupt her advances. As he continued to gaze about he caught sight of Regis Schuyler. The local Ventrue Primogen who runs the Bellmont Harbor that his comrades bypassed to get the alcohol here. He sighed to himself as he remembered the task given to him by Angela.

"Make amends with Regis and get his trust. The Prince would be grateful for any information that may reach her ear if such a connection is made."

Big Al cracked his own neck before marching towards Regis with a confidant gait.

"Bueno Sera Signore! My name is Alfredo Marino, but-a most who know me call me Big Al. It is-a pleasure to finally meet you. I had-a hoped we would have been able to-a meet when myself and my companions were tasked with delivering the alcohol for tonight's-a celebration. Unfortunately due to concern that-a Capone and Obadiah Flick would make a move we chose to act in a shady manner to ensure-a the mission went off without a hitch."

He paused.

"Please accept-a my apologies for any trouble our actions may have caused you."

At this Big Al bowed possibly too low, and spoke possibly too loud "Mi dispiace!"
The Principality
The Principality
Admin
https://vtmwcn.forumotion.com

Who Wants to be a Regisnaire? Empty Re: Who Wants to be a Regisnaire?

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:50 pm
Regis Schuyler had been chatting with a mixed crowd of Kindred, Toreador socialite and Nosferatu informant alike hanging on his words. He marked Al's approach and dismissed his entourage with a casual word and wave as Al neared. Regis is a tall man in his mature prime; faint streaks of silver just peeking out above his hears. He has sharp features and a clean jaw; eyes the color of old dollar bills. Those eyes settle on Al as he makes his introduction and Al suddenly has a burst of empathy for the mouse cornered by the staring tomcat. There in the gaze of a predator the only question in the mouse's mind is just how hungry is the cat?

He takes a moment to let those eyes settle on Al in full, not replying immediately. There is a twinkle of something in his emerald eye, but it's impossible to say what it is. When he does speak his voice is a smooth baritone that reminds Al of nothing so much as a well aged wine.

"Mr. Marino, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I've heard so many fantastical things about you and your particular business acumen. I will say, though, that it's unfortunate that our first meeting be held here. You're right, you see. You deliberately took action that superseded my expressed wishes regarding my business and my men. There is a debt to be paid here."

His gaze grows heavy, weighed down by scorn and rage. Then all at once it's gone and he's laughing a deep, hearty belly laugh and grasping the younger Kindred's hand firmly, pumping it up and down with gusto.

"I owe much to you indeed! Forgive me, I know you expected me to be furious and I couldn't resist the chance to have a little fun. You see it's not every day that I find myself indebted to one so young. You may not have realized it, but your little stunt that night actually saved my men and allowed me to save significant face!"
"BIG AL"

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:01 pm
Big Al kept a straight face as Regis bounced from fake anger to words of praise. Al focused trying to pick out which emotion was the real one, or if it was somewhere in the middle. However, Al was staring a Ventrue mastermind Primogen. There was no way this elder vampire would easily let his emotions be read so Al simply decided to react amicably as best he could.

Big Al let out a laugh. "All's-a well that-a ends well. You-a had me going there for a second."

Al looked around the room before directing his attention back to Regis.

"This-a may sound foolish... but since I only arrived-a here in Chicago 6 months ago I-a never knew how many kindred were actually active in-a the city. Truly it is a humbling sight to behold."

He nodded.

"With all of these allies around, I am-a sure we can put a stop to Obadiah Flick, The Pinkertons, and-a show Capone that despite all his-a best efforts... We rule-a Chicago."

He shook his head.

"Sending a message threatening The Prince was the biggest mistake of-a his life."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 pm
The Elder looks grave for a moment.

"I will admit, when I first heard about your little stunt I was less than pleased. You see that was one of three shipments scheduled for that night, all carrying similar cargo. All intended to arrive here, and all arranged via means I'd thought secret. But the other two shipments were ambushed and destroyed, my men killed. Fortunately I always arrange such things so that I can still turn a profit even when only one shipment makes it in, and so I have. Thanks to you."

He takes a moment to scan the room, brow furrowing as his gaze goes from one clique to the next before his dark eyes settle on Al again looking pensive.

"Yes, that would be foolish. But i wonder how strong we really are. Tell me, what do you see gathered here tonight?"
"BIG AL"

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:45 pm
Al nods in regards to the shrewd business acumen of Regis. When asked what he sees Al takes a step back and turns on his auspex looking at those closest gathered around. He studied their auras as much as he could, though the amount of aura and emotion was almost too vivid for him. After a minute or two he closed his eyes to process what he saw before speaking to Regis with eyes still shut.

"I-a see kindred focused on what divides us. Envy. Hatred. Self Righteousness. Hubris. Scorn. Disdain. Not-a for Capone or our enemies... but-a for each other. This-a makes us weak. You have reminded me of a valuable lesson Primogen Schuyler. I-a thank you. What-a one may gather from first-a glance may be-a furthest from-a the truth."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm
Regis regards the Neonate for a moment, nodding to himself.

"If unity is a measure of strength then we are brittle iron. One strike may leave us shattered, though that strike may come after a hundred similar blows. You see the divisions between the rank and file of our society, but it goes deeper than that. Even among our leadership there is division where there should be unity."

He takes a moment to scan the crowd, eyes unfocused.

"I was surprised to discover this when I arrived. When I learn something surprising I always ask myself one question: who does this benefit?"

His eyes shift back to Al, curious.

"And so I ask you: who does this benefit?"
"BIG AL"

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:20 pm
Al went quiet at the Primogen's question for a moment, sighing heavily before responding.

"Obviously our-a enemies."

He looked around and before speaking further and lowered his voice to a mere whisper.

"However, from-a certain perspective it can-a be said a discordant group of-a followers benefits the leader. You-a only have to remember France and what-a happened to the royalty when the public united."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm
Regis nods his head, solemnly regarding the Neonate.

"I wasn't there when Louis met his end. But you don't have to be a witness to history to know what happens when a kingdom is divided with enemies at the gate. It should be clear to any student."

He nods again, seemingly to himself.

"I've worked hard ever since I arrived here to build unity and foster fraternity among our kind, but I've gotten little support. You are our Princes blood kin, and I know you've worked closely with her. What is your take on the situation here in the city?"
"BIG AL"

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm
When asked for his take on the situation in the city Al frowned. He looked at the ground thinking of his options, he had no proof of any wrong doings by Regis so he could offer no counter, for the sake of his family's pride he could act like things are moving as they should, or he could continue to be honest. He sighed before looking up and responding. Doubt dancing in his green eyes.

"It-a is complicated. I am-a still green and have much to learn. Beyond a couple of months back at-a home this-a is the only un-life I've ever known. I-a knew the situation wasn't the best when-a The Prince requested help, and I-a know all-a too much I was not-a what she was looking for. We may-a be related by Blood... but I-a fear I am only a nuisance in her mind. An insult that-a the family thrust upon her."

He trailed off into silence and composed himself.

"Mi dispiace signore. That-a was unnecessary. I suppose-a when I look at-a the bigger picture I-a simply don't understand how the situation got to where we are. Capone... Flick... The animosity amongst our brothers and sisters... That fearsome beast going on about the War Breaker... Flick seems to be at the center of it all but-a The Sheriff didn't seem to be worried about him."

He cleared his throat.

"All-a that to say... It's-a not good."
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:55 pm
"I agree."

The Elder adjusts a gold ring on his finger, an idle fidget.

"It was bad enough before this gang war sprung up. I think Lara saw it as a way to cut my legs out from under me; let the Italians kill off my favored enforcers for her. But it seems the war could spill over into our laps before long if this Flick is as competent as you say. If that happens with things as they are now..."

He trails off, shaking his head in disgust.

"I cannot abide the though of all we've built here coming crashing down at the hands of that madman. It's good to find a sympathetic ear; as I've said I've met with some resistance in my efforts to unify the city. Would that sympathy happen to extend to your hands? If so, and if you're able to bring along some additional help I have a task in mind that you could help with."

He fixes his warm green eyes on Al again.

"I already stand in your debt, but it seems we have a mutual cause. Perhaps we can help each other and in so doing benefit the Camarilla as a whole."
"BIG AL"

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:14 pm
Big Al nodded perhaps too fervently.

"This un-life is-a the only life I have now. Making the Camarilla stronger and-a uniting the kindred inside this-a city of ours is-a the key to ensure a long and prosperous life for us all."

He held out his right hand.

"It-a would be my pleasure to help-a with your efforts. I think-a some friends of mine would-a be more than willing to help as well."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum