Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

The Finer Details of Penmanship Empty The Finer Details of Penmanship

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 pm
Sy having decided to put pen to paper wrote out the following to each member of his coterie before delivering it to each member’s residence:

Good evening,
I wanted you to hear it from me. The mongrels were ambushed and killed by our resident party crasher. I have it on good authority Lara is likely no longer with us either. I write to you with urgency to inform you that the party crasher and his friends are armed with lots of party favors of the crossbow variety and the head clown that keeps interrupting our outings has necromantic abilities. Act accordingly; Good luck and good hunting.

P.s.-please burn this after reading.

-S

Sy then sent another message to Heinrich Nimitz.

“Dear Comrade Nimitz,
Party was eventful, Afterparty was even moreso...Certain members of the capitalist system in particular now seek to stamp out the flames of revolution. Would like to hammer out specifics in person. Can we meet same place as last time?

-E. Sylvanus Cravenhill

Sy stands and stretches after having written the letter and lights a cigar as he looks out over his lot. He gives a few puffs as his mind turned and reflected on the events of the evening.
He is quiet and still for several minutes before finally shrugging. “Eh, why not.”

He sits back down and begins his final letter.

Dear Ms. Moore,
I hope you do not find this too forward of me, but I have to admit that both tonight and You were beyond my wildest expectations. If I did not know any better, I would hazard to say fate deemed our union powerful enough to bring the roof down.
I am not ordinarily a praying man but I do pray that this letter finds you safe and unharmed. Your wellbeing is important to me. Knowing there are monsters and men walking the streets with crossbows, flame, and other foul magicks does little to alleviate my distress in the uncertainty of your fate.
As we were forced apart by the duties and obligations of our respective roles and prior to the unusual circumstances before I had a chance to bid you adieu for the evening, I must ask you to excuse my failing in this regard. I promise I will strive to do better in this moving forward.

I look to our next meeting as a chance to redeem such failures and anxiously await word of your safety.

Sincerely,

-Sy

Sy’s cigar he’d been puffing away on had some ash fall onto the letter. He quickly wiped it off only for some of the remains to smear and imprint further on the paper. He sighed and went to seal the letter, only noticing as he folded it that the way the smear looked, faintly resembled a heart shape.

As he sealed the letter and then sent it off, a new question formed in his head. Would her seeing that be a bad thing?”
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum