Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Tainted Love Empty Tainted Love

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Having hailed a horse and carriage Sy sat arms interlocked with Colleen wearing a big, dumb, smile; a feeling of something bordering on momentary contentment washing over him. “I think we’re getting better. ..”

A soft sigh escaped her lips, though she gives a playful grin, “We weren’t bad to begin with.” She rests her head against his chest.
“I’m always bad, don’t believe me just ask.” He retorts with a chuckle.

“You’re certainly in a good mood. Was that my doing too?” She asks looking up, noting his demeanor.

He grunts, but looks down to face her, “You’re the ONLY reason. I had a rough night-until you. I was trying to figure out a game plan for how to deal with the Outfit and hoped Father Vincent could help deal with Flick.”

She sits up interested to hear the story. “And why did that leave you upset?”

He stares out the carriage, “I reluctantly turned to the church for help...” Sy looks over to her, “...and I guess you could say my prayers went kinda unanswered-again” He stares into her eyes, “I didn’t realize I had so much hope in someone I’d never met; my previous attitude toward God and the church notwithstanding, but I guess I had high expectations for a vampiric priest. All of which makes me want to break something because I also was foolish enough to get my hopes up to begin with.” He loosens his grip he’d been unintentionally tightening on the carriage door frame with his other hand.

The former Silver Screen darling listened quietly as Sy lamented. When she spoke she too sounded somewhat distant, recalling her own memories. “I can imagine how that feels-getting your hopes up only to have them dashed at the first opportunity. Quite a pair-we are, Each hoping for something that seems just out of reach...”

The mechanic nods, feeling very understood. He closed his eyes and pulled her close to him once more, taking in her perfume with a grin, “But none of that matters now. We have each other to lean on...and you never disappoint.”

She rolls her eyes but blushes slightly leaning in closer as she says, “Stop-I’m sure you say that to all the girls.”

He pushes her back just far enough he can see her eyes, and says with every ounce of truth and sincerity in him, “I really don’t say that lightly.” He takes a breath, “I love yo-...I would love if you didn’t have to leave tonight. I know that’s forward of me but I feel we are maybe past that now.”

Colleen tensed for a long moment sitting more rigidly upright, her voice shakily answering, “Uhm...Sy, You’re sweet to offer that but I think like SO many other things...being physically intimate with anyone is rather pointless now, besides-you probably have better offers from prettier girls. I don’t think I’m...equipped for that...I hope you understand.”

Sy blinks, “oh...well that’s...God I’m sorry...I don’t mean to imply you’re a....” He pounds his his palm into his face, “This is gonna sound pathetic but I’m just going to come out and say it. I don’t really have that type of craving anymore...I— just don’t want to be alone all the time. I was hoping you would stay with me...you know during the day.”

Ms. Moore is quiet for a long moment as she hears the brujah trip over himself and struggling to say what he means but after he says his piece she smiles and giggles softly as she says, “Why Mr. Cravenhill, I would be honored.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum