Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

The (Second) Unexpected Reunion  Empty The (Second) Unexpected Reunion

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:33 pm
Eito put away his notebook in his coat as before he exited the trolley, having to walk only a few paces before he entering the foyer of his apartment building. As he ascended the stairs, he reflected on how middling the night had been. Why did it feel whenever he was a step closer to his goal, he found out goal was two more steps ahead of him?

And that his sire was someone that even the eldest vampires in Chicago had failed to capture. Great.

Just as he reached for his key, he looked up to realize the door to his apartment was already slightly ajar. There was no evidence of forced entry, yet Eito was certain he had bolted his haven prior to departure. He instead reached for his pistol, otherwise motionless as he focused his hearing on what could be lying in wait. He searched for any sound- a heartbeat, a soft breath, an impatient shuffle- yet that would be assuming a living creature was inside.

Still, his heightened senses did pick up noise from within- they were unmistakably sobs.

And it was even more unmistakable who was responsible for them. He hadn’t exactly asked for his spare key back from her during her first visit . . .
He relaxed the grip on his weapon as he entered his apartment with a mixture of curiosity and anxiety- Whatever the reason for her visit, this was not the behavior of a woman on her honeymoon.
The Principality
The Principality
Admin
https://vtmwcn.forumotion.com

The (Second) Unexpected Reunion  Empty Re: The (Second) Unexpected Reunion

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 pm
The lights were all out, but a bright fire burned in the fireplace. Agatha quickly turned from it, wiping at her face as she stepped towards the door. She scratched idly at her neck as Eito came into the light. She looked a mess. Makeup had run down in tracks on her face, her nose and eyes were red and puffy and her clothes were stained filthy. She regarded Eito for a long moment, not coming within arms reach and just holding his gaze. There was hurt in her eyes, so much hurt, along with something else Eito couldn't quite place.

"I... I'm sorry to barge in like this. I know you probably have... other business to attend to. I didn't know where else to turn though. I..."

Her eyes well up but she screws them shut and refuses to let the tears fall. Her eyes stay shut but her voice is steady and flat.

"Bobby is trying to kill me."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:37 pm
Almost beside himself Eito stepped towards Agatha. He couldn't decide if he was more shocked the first time he had reunited with her, or now. Considering how he had acted their last meeting, something had to be seriously wrong to feel safer in his apartment than anywhere else in Chicago.
He began instinctively in a calming voice, "There's no need to. . ." Before he processed the second half of what she said, "Wait, what?"
He stopped directly in front of her, and produced a clean handkerchief, "What happened?"
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:01 pm
She took the offered tissue and started wiping at her face.

"I handed in my story. I finished it and handed it the day I left here under my old pseudonym. I was going to blow the whole thing up, name names, all of it. Bobby said we were gonna get a lot of pushback; some of the people I called out can pull strings at the paper but I thought he had my back. We were having legal go over it to make sure our bases were covered and it was gonna hit the presses this morning. So last night Bobby was working late and I thought I'd come and pay him a visit as a surprise. I get into the office and I hear voices. Shouting. Bobby shouting. I got closer and heard a woman's voice I didn't know. I thought maybe Bobby was..."

An angry look flashes in her eyes before she continues.

"That wasn't it though. She had a couple of big guys who were bad at hiding their guns with her there. Anyways, I snuck closer until I could hear what they were saying. She was asking him about my piece. She wanted to know who'd written it. She said she'd had it pulled and all the copies destroyed. She wanted any copies he had and to know my real name. He got mad. He got that look he gets when he's really angry. I thought he was about to lay hands on her, but then she just looked at him and said something I didn't catch over his shouting and he just handed over his files. He just want all quiet and meek like a beaten dog. Then he told her my name just like that. She said they'd 'clean this up' . I haven't been home or talked to anyone since."

She looks up at Eito and shakes her head.

"It was all an act. He sold me out at the drop of a hat. They're out to kill me, Eito, I know it."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:38 pm
Eito sighed-  he was most surprised now that she was still alive, and it was nothing short of a miracle she managed to make it to his loft.  If she had not managed to overhear the fateful conversation, he was certain she would not be here now.
"That is why I warned you to destroy your story." Eito began, "My kind are supposed to remain secret. They have not maintained their secrecy by just hiding in the shadows. I'm just sorry you had to find out like this."

And with this visit, he had another chance with her- unless Eito explained otherwise, she would continue to believe McCormick alone sold her out. Though why would she think otherwise? Despite her big break she was still ignorant to powers Kindred had over mortals. Resisting the urge to continue disowning his old editor, he turned to the more pressing issue at hand.

"Even then, he is not the one who is hunting you. This woman who interrogated McCormick- What did she sound like? Unique tone? Distinguished accent?"
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 am
Agatha shook her head, frustrated.

"She didn't have an accent I could pick up. I didn't get much of a look at her either. I didn't not even kno-"

She's cut off by a rap on the door. Her eyes go wide and fearful and she chokes down her further protests
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 am
Eito maintained his calm, though if he had been alive his heart would have skipped. Given the time, no unsuspecting mortal would be visiting at this hour.
Then again, that didn’t stop Agatha.

He put a finger to his lips with one had and with the other pointed to his bed chambers, which were still pitch black. He turned to face but did not open the front door, instead calling out,

“Ugh, who is it at this hour? Do you have any idea what time it is?”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:24 am
Agatha quietly hurried into the bedroom, leaving ng the door cracked as she disappeared within. From the front door a familiar voice answered Eitos complaint.

"I wont take much if your time, Mr. Caine. We have official matters to discuss."

It was the voice of Angelina De LaFortuna.
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:41 am
His tone switching completely from irritated to polite, he said, “Ah, I meant no disrespect. My evening was not as productive as I would have liked, is all.”
He quickly weighed his options. It was perhaps best to appear as neutral as possible. Given how she had been welcomed in an prior engagements, the sudden refusal may be suspect.
Though he had to know if she was suspect to begin with.
He looked back to ensure Agatha was out of sight, before he opened the door but still kept his frame blocking the view of the apartment.

“What sort of matters need attending?”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum