Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Long road to recovery Empty Long road to recovery

Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:21 am
“Has he improved at all today Lisa?”

The young blond with eyes the color of frozen mountain glacial lakes looked up from her charts. “Y’know I’m not supposed to say anything to anyone but family on a patient’s condition...”

The oil stained mechanic peered back at her, his face full of concern, and hopeful expectation, but he said nothing in reply-though his expression spoke volumes.

She studies his face for a long moment before glancing both ways down the hall, and speaking softly, “...but I suppose with as much as you’ve been coming back here you’ve got to be one of three things. Maybe he owed you money-which you don’t look like you care much for anyway; Which leads me to suspect one of the other things as more likely-you were involved in his shooting or you’re kin.” She rapped a pen to her cheek, toying with some idea in her head.

“I don’t think you shot him....but does that mean you’re no threat to him now?” She squints at Sy and shakes her head. “I wish you’d be more open with me about what it is between you two...”

Sy gives a slight grin, “If I started spilling my secrets, I’d lose my mysterious allure-and you’d grow bored with our midnight rendezvous....Couldn’t I just be a concerned citizen looking after the health of one of Chicago’s finest? Besides, how dangerous could a gimp like me really be-he’s got his armed boys protecting the room for crying out loud!”

Lisa brushed her hair out of her face, the motion practiced yet looking perfectly natural on her. She returns his smile and her face blushes for a moment before she shrugged nonchalantly and says, “Alright Mr. Midnight, you win this round-if you must know, he was up and walking without aid today and outlook is good he’ll be sent home by weeks end at his current rate.”

Sy nods once and says, “His quick recovery no doubt due to your tender care and attentions...I rather envy him.” He pauses, “You think I could talk to him?”

She blushes again, “You silver tongued Devil, you probably just say that to all the ladies...” At the request, she considers for a moment eyeing him up and down before she says, “Technically visiting hours are over but I could probably let you chat for a minute, but only if he’s still awake.”

Sy beams at her, “You are a credit to your species, my lady.” The nurse nods and gets up and leads him down a few hallways to a door surrounded by three police officers. They part to give her entrance but give the brujah steely eyed glares of suspicion, one going so far as to rest his hand on his pistol grip.

Sy does his best to look non threatening, lifting a hand and saying, “Easy boys-not looking for any trouble...”

A few eternities pass with no one speaking or moving before the door opens again and Lisa exits gesturing Sy Inside. The officers take care not to step out of Sy’s way but make no further aggressive moves. As he enters the room, he feels several pairs of eyes on his back likely making note of his description. Lisa leans in and whispers, “I’ll give you both one minute, but then you gotta go. I don’t want him getting worked up either.”

Sy nods and watches her leave before approaching the police captain he’d met the night of the ashen ball-currently wrapped up in bandages like a mummy sitting upright but braced against the bed.

“Hey Captain, thanks for seeing me-Glad you’re on the mend.” As Sy steps closer to the bed he slips out a nice cigar and sets it on the tray within easy reach of the man. “I wanted to let you know-a few of the mooks that did this to ya won’t be troubling you any more. Still looking for the rest of them but they were definitely with the outfit, no matter what the papers might say.”

He leans back on his cane and says, “I meant what I said too, about wanting to help any way I can with repairs to the department vehicles. But I was hoping to talk to you about some information. Would you or your boys be willing to give me information on individuals as the need arose?”
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum