Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Principality
The Principality
Admin
https://vtmwcn.forumotion.com

Getting prepared to face the future - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting prepared to face the future

Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 pm
The shopkeeper gives Sy a deadpan stare at his offer.

"It may be cursed, but it ain't free. I'll have it back soon enough, and I'll be mighty sad for you when I do, but a man's gotta turn a buck if he wants to live and that cane walks out with you for $20. All told I'll call it $70."

He scratches at his chin.

"If you think you can help with the mob, though, I'll take your card. They haven't bothered me in a while but I won't turn down a friend when it comes to dealing with those animals."

He grabs a couple boxes of .45's and starts to wrap the Colt.

"Just promise you'll plug a couple a' mooks and we'll call it a deal. I'll take good care of the other lady for you until you come back, but don't waste your time. I've had a couple collectors come through and it's only a matter of time before one of them takes your lady home."
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Getting prepared to face the future - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting prepared to face the future

Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 pm
Sy shrugs, “Eh, Can’t blame a guy for trying. Toss in some ammo for the rifle and we’ll call it done.”

He pays the clerk his due and adds, “Capone may aim to be the crime king of Chicago, but he don’t control the power of the people-every King falls, the people live forever.”
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Sy then collects his purchases and shoulders what he can before storing everything else in a pocket or on his wrist and heads out the door.

Seeing his companions deign to accompany him, he looks to Eito and says, “Correct me if I’m wrong but you looked like you were about to say something before we went in to that bog trotting Mick’s shop?”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:48 pm
Eito was trying to decide which pocket was best to conceal his new weapon, deciding on the lower right front before he looked back at Sy.
"Oh, that.  I was going to say that despite the unique powers bestowed upon our kind, even in death social stratifications still exist. I didn't realize the inability to find a meal was a  enough common problem for vampires."
He shrugged, "Then again I suppose that's why I surprised others that I didn't starve to death right away. All I really do to "hunt" is add a step to what  I normally did on my nights off- Find a nice girl at a gathering, take her to my place ,  you fill in the rest. . . I was always able to do that without a problem. That might be one of my only skills that translated into my unlife."
He thought how to phrase the next part as he said, "But now that I think about it those like Tom or Mrs. Moore can't afford that luxury of luring the living from a fancy party. So to make sure I don't lose certain assets," He patted his coat pocket, " . . .I would prefer to keep out of the line of fire."

"Though what made you want to try and achieve that? You nearly starve yourself?"

‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Sy gave a bemused look, “Would you prefer the alternative? To just let people starve?”

He shook his head, “But to answer your question yes. I have starved. It is not a feeling I would wish on anyone.”

Sy looks down at the ground as he says, “As to why-there are several reasons. The first would be self preservation. The strong prey upon the weak. Right now-there’s nothing to stop a powerful person from stepping in and claiming anything they choose. Just like with the guy in that shop back there and Capone...or us and a werewolf. If another of our kind claimed my shop or Al’s restaurant as their feeding ground-we could do next to nothing to stop them.”

Sy looks to each of them. “I for one would prefer that not to happen. Would either of you want that?”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:09 pm
Eito raised an eyebrow in reply, "What exactly does your plan look like? Amassing a bunch of power and influence yourself, but just declare certain areas are all access? Or do you want to rub elbows with the higher ups until they lend you their ear, and listen to what you say?"

"As great as your ideal is, I'm more concerned on the day-to . . . or, night-to-night business to worry about something like that. It's taken the greater part of the last year convincing myself to accept our condition isn't reversible, then the rest of trying to find a drink strong enough to dull my senses. Didn't work as it all come back up eventually."
"BIG AL"

Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:01 pm
Al shrugged as he hid his new revolver under his apron.

"As far as I have-a seen there don't seem to be many of our-a kind starving. At least all of us seem to be-a doing well... looking-a healthy. Even other's like-a Tom and Miss Moore have-a they own tricks to get meals. If someone tried to-a claim mi ristorante like-a you say.... I would-a die defending it, or live-a victoriously having defended it."

He looked at Eito, and then Sy.

"My ristorante is what allows me to be of service to my Prozia, The Prince. If I can't-a get her information I am as useless to her as I was against-a the werewolf. In my unlife I have been granted the ability to continue-a serving my family. There is-a no greater honor. I will-a support her as long as I am-a able. I may not-a be the tool she was-a hoping to receive from our home country... But I will-a prove my usefulness."
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:31 pm
Sy gave Eito a wide eyed look, “...And become a threat to the prince thereby putting a target on my head?! No, I should say not. No I believe anything worth doing should be earned. These tasks the prince has us doing-they are worth something. My plan is to ask for the prince to reward our dutiful service by rewarding us with designated hunting grounds. Perhaps you could even find a meal to slake your need for a drink...”

Sy then looks to Al as he says, “In so doing-the prince’s wisdom and power is put on display. Because once she rewards our faithful service, any who would ignore our protected areas are then subject to Camarilla justice. The power of the people cannot be stopped.”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm
Eito nodded in understanding, but his tone still had a tinge of frustration, "I am just trying to stay on the Prince's good side so she and her cronies will bother with me as little as possible." After a pause he continued, "Though I suppose I do owe her at least a little- like knowing not to accidently step outside at the stroke of noon. But I don't really see the point of trying to plan ahead. Because just when you think you have everything figured out, you decide to stroll down the wrong alley one night, inadvertently damning yourself to this predatory existence and having you future stolen out from under you."
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 pm
Sy shakes his head, “You see your future as having been stolen from you? This is a blessing! You were granted immortality-your future is now literally what you choose to make it. And you have been empowered further. Time has lost its hold over you. You are free!”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:45 pm
Eito rolled his eyes, "Yes, immortality as long as I avoid sunlight, garlic, and drink blood from people- all the while keeping it a secret because should the mask slip, both humans and other vampires will have it out for me."
The anger in his voice started to rise, "I don't think you get it. I had it made already. I don't report to the Tribune because I have to- it's a hobby of mine. I was all set to inherit one of the seats of the most prestigious  real estate firm in Chicago! Now? Now I have to find the one who did this to me and soon if I don't want my head to roll! So pardon me if I'm not exactly shouting from the rooftops about how great death is!"

He let out a huff, "If you think their chains are broken- more power to you. I suppose you just didn't have anything to lose."
‘Sy’ Cravenhill
‘Sy’ Cravenhill

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:35 pm
Sy frowned, “So take it back. Hell run the whole firm! You are focused on what you think you’ve lost instead of making use of the skills you now have.” He looks to the goods he just purchased and says, “There is a price to pay for every action. You really think inherited power and prestige have no cost?” He pauses, “How do you know someone from that real estate board wasn’t behind what had happened to you?”

He looked at Eito with a faraway gaze and said, “I have seen what desperation does to men. Some choose to surrender and die without a fight, others come screaming back from the corner like a bat outta hell.”
His distant look is replaced by a fiery intensity, “But guess what-you now have the ability to fight with more tools than you ever had before...to FIGHT back against those who OPPRESS you or would keep you down...ENSLAVE you”

Sy shakes his head, “You don’t HAVE to lose anything but if you choose to give up on your own dreams-that’s your own affair I suppose.”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Eito seemed to consider the other vampire's words, before he shook his head, "If one of those old geezer's wanted to get rid of me, there would be far more effective ways for them to do it. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw all of them out in the sun before. And certainly don't recall them biting anyone's neck."

In regards to him taking back the firm, the younger man laughed, "I didn't really care about lording over others- I still don't. What I wanted was the freedom to do what I wanted. My life now is running errands for the Camarilla- and the alternative seems even worse. What's the point of getting all of these amazing powers if it has to be kept hidden- not just from humans but other kindred who are itching for the chance to backstab you if you pose any threat?"

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum