Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Hors d’ oeuvres Empty Hors d’ oeuvres

Mon May 25, 2020 8:49 pm
“Tom, are you not staying tonight?”

“No, I think I’ve had enough of your poindexter for the moment. I’m going to stretch my wings and let you have your fill.”

Nina shrugged as Tom ascended through the skylight of the sculpture gallery in the Ryerson.

Nina tapped her foot impatiently. Frank was supposed to be here 5 minutes ago and her boys were almost never late. What an insult.

Frank came stumbling in, hair disheveled and breathing heavily.

“Mistress, I am sorry!”

Nina scowled at him, hoping it was convincingly aimed at his eyes. She had left her glasses at the desk, along with her hairpins and jacket. Hair down, specs off, and a little presence did wonders and she truly looked the part of “vamp”.

“Frank, if you do not obey me to the letter I’m not sure if you can be trusted with the secret knowledge you crave.”

His eyes widened and nearly brimmed up with tears.

“Mistress, I am sorry! I was working on homework, fell asleep, and I —“

She cut him off, “Frank, there are no excuses that the great eye will entertain. Why should I?”

Frank looked downcast, but shuffled his foot side to side. The eye of Horus pendant he wore around his neck peeled through the buttons of his shirt.

“Mistress, I have been coming to you for some time, and though I feel that I yearn to discover the secret mysteries, I do not know that I am any closer to enlightenment than when I started.”

She glared at him and cared not if her aggravation was properly aimed.

“Frank, do you wish to end our visits?”

“No!” He jumped forward and clutched at her- she could feel the desperation in his twitchy grip. She pet his head gently as he leaned against her chest.

“Very well, then. You must be patient as you await knowledge from beyond. You see, you are drawn to me because you know, deep down, that you are getting closer. Let me see if I can’t convince the spirits to speak to you with more clarity tonight.”

Nina bit her lip and thought for a moment. Up until now her herd of young art students had been happily duped by their librarian turned master. The fools all wore their occult symbols proudly, yearning for something to make them feel special. It took hardly any effort at all to leave “clues” in the books that they checked out and convince them she knew something they desired. The taking of their blood was simply a part of the ritual to leave room for the spirits to leave their wisdom. Easy prey and easy vitality for her. She had not pitied them in the slightest and had even shared with Tom from time to time. But as he feared losing his current status… which was hardly more than an hors d’ oeuvre, she felt a bit of humanity prick at her.

She reached for her bag and pulled out paper and charcoals, setting them on the floor.

“Sit down, Frank. The spirits may speak to us both tonight.”

She took his wrist in her hands and drank. His neck had several worn scars and she figured it was time to give the dear a little break. Ever since her meeting with Dr. Alphaerus she had been wondering how better to tap into the visions that had once plagued her nearly every night in her sleep. But she had connected one important point — it required blood. As she took in Frank’s bouquet, she didn’t experience her usual pleasure and relief. She was concentrating so hard on what she could see just beyond her own eyelids she nearly forgot to stop herself before wounding him dangerously.

Frank was writhing on the floor muttering to himself, “Oh, mistress, you were right! The spirits do speak tonight!”, but Nina felt a fever in his blood, still fresh on her lips and tongue. She would normally ignore his ravings, but perhaps, tonight, he was correct.

She took up the paper and pencil and began to sketch. She knew not what came forth from her hand until she opened her eyes as if from a dream. She had concentrated so intensely that drops of blood had fallen from her mouth to the page. Three male figures lay on the ground, the drops of blood around them, and the eye of Horus loomed above. Strings connected the eye up to a wicked looking set of fingers, a puppet master.

Nina had intended to give the sketch to Frank, hoping it would be a vision that could be useful for his future in some way. But this bleak message was clear.

She was becoming a monster who would easily destroy the young men she preyed upon.

She studied the image a moment longer, crumpled it, and tossed it into the nearest waste bin.

She had greater tragedies to concern herself with.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum