Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Planning an Escape  Empty Planning an Escape

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:29 pm
Once inside the sanctum of the temple, Eito realized just how out of his element he was. Passing through the great double doors was like entering another world. He stood by himself a glass in hand, though he could still pick up the conversations he wished above the rabble. Though in true, he was only half listening. He thoughts were still preoccupied with Agatha. She didn't deserve to be here. None of these girls did. He had foolishly thought that those taken from the Everliegh club would be returned once the ball was over.
No, he wasn't going to let himself get complacent with this, tolerate those who sucked their victims dry then cast them into the gutter.
But what was he going to do? This was his one chance to even have the possibility of appeasing the prince-  trying to make a fuss about any of the girls would spoil his chance of that. Any operation would have to be done in total secrecy.  

But there was one who was just as disgusted with the girl's fates as he was. And she came with a devoted set of wings. Those certainly couldn't hurt any potential escape plan.
Subconsciously running his hands through his hair, he left his solitary position advancing toward Nina, who appeared flustered by a recent explanation of fine arts to a unappreciative audience. He met her eye, motioning with them over to an empty corner while he mouthed, "Hey, we gotta talk."
He then looked at Tom, jerking with his head for him to join the two of them.
Once Nina was near enough he said quietly, "See, you don't like what's going on here with your old acquaintances. And it so happens, neither do I. I was thinking maybe the three of us might try and do something so these girls can live to see another night."
Thomas Snout
Thomas Snout

Planning an Escape  Empty Re: Planning an Escape

Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:43 pm
Tom frowned slightly either in concentration or frustration. “I can’t claim to know any of them, but if you think their lives are in danger... well, l’d like to help.”

The gargoyle leaned forward towards the two co-conspirators.

“Who exactly do you want to sneak out?”
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Nina heaved a great sigh.
“You’re nobler than I have you credit for, Eito. I’d given up on the girls for fear of upsetting the Prince. But if we can save even one without getting caught... well, I might as well join in on that fun.”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:28 pm
Before he replied to either Kindred, Eito's gaze held on the Toreador a moment longer than he realized. Being thought of as noble.  If Nina thought that his intentions getting the girls free were upstanding, best to play along with that.
"I have an old friend from back at the Tribune, Agitha Holly. You may have seen me walk off with her earlier. She's safe right now- I think." He frowned, then sighed, "Still, if we can get any of the other girls out, the better but my focus is getting Ms. Holly out in once piece. She doesn't deserve to be tangled up with our kind."  

He looked between Tom and Nina, "I was wondering what kind of talent's we may have together to slip away unnoticed, girls in tow. Sneaking is the best idea I have come up so far."
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:38 pm
Nina felt a desire to help the girls, a longing from the past to save her own mother... but Eito seemed concerned with Ms. Holly primarily. The strong desire for self-preservation reared inside her, jaws wide.
“Let me be clear, before I offer my assistance, I require a favor Mr. Caine. Are you willing to put up your own talents in exchange?”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:27 pm
Eito crossed his arms and turned to face Nina. His expression was one of curiosity with a hint of surprise. “Alright. I suppose this is riskier than just trying to slip out early from a meeting you’ve grown bored of. Which skill of mine are you in need of?”
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:41 pm
“I am in need of your identity as a Toreador, and though it pains me to say it, your charms. Help me leave a good impression on Alastair... a very good impression. Convince him to let me drink his blood. If you can do that then I’ll be happy to create distractions, listen for trouble, whatever it is I can do once we formulate a plan.
Though, I do believe Tom will be our greatest asset for this endeavor.”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 pm
Eito let out a laugh and began to shake his head, "Oh, I'm not . . ."
Then he quickly straightened his expression, " . . . opposed to that idea. I won't pry for the reason you're suddenly infatuated with Alastair, but hey, as long as Tom's not jealous I don't see the problem. It's been a while since I've had to play matchmaker, but I'll see what I can do."

He turned back to Tom, "And what would our winged friend have to offer?"
Thomas Snout
Thomas Snout

Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:24 pm
Tom’s eyes flicked from Nina to Eito and then back to Nina. “Oh ho!” The gargoyle’s features split into a smirking grin. “Wheeling and dealing as usual, Nina- I doubt that Alastair fellow will put up much resistance to your wiles.”

Tom’s voice dropped its light, nonchalant tone, becoming cool and serious. “I have a favor to ask as well, Mr. Cain, but I think it can wait until another night. Nothing dangerous, I assure you.” He quickly resumed his cheery manner, as if they were discussing lunch.

Which in a way, they were.  

“For now, we need to figure out how to rescue these people- and it may be wise not to do that here.”  

He waved for the others to follow him. “This way, friends. There is a secret passage here at the back of the sanctum that winds its way back toward the first floor.” Soon they found themselves in a dim, still corridor that smelled faintly of mildew; Tom closed the door after them.  

“Here is my plan. Eito, you get Ms. Holly and manage to get her near the back exit, the one the servers use. Make it clear to her that she will have to stay silent, no matter what. Nina, I suggest you stake out this spot and when the time is right, distract whatever guardian of the Ivory Tower is acting as sentry.”    

“For my part, I will keep to the periphery. I plan on using my chameleonic gifts to edge my way to where you are, Eito. At a quarter till, I will envelop Ms. Holly in my wings and accompany her out through the servant’s exit, both of us shrouded, all but invisible. This is when Nina chats up any potential Kindred onlookers. If necessary, you may need to draw a fair amount of attention… discreetly.” The gargoyle was smiling, popping the joints in his wiry, clawed hands one by one. “Well, what do you think?”
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm
Eito grinned slyly, “I think it’s grand because it grants me exactly what I want. Though, what to do about the other girls? Unless we all enact the charade over and over until this party’s mostly empty? Or how many can we fit under your wings?”

He then shrugged, “Though if we can’t manage to pull it off once, that is sort of a moot point anyhow. I still say we go for it, starting with Agatha.”

He then turned to Nina, “Before we get ahead of ourselves, this night isn’t getting any younger. Shall we go make our re-acquaintance with Alistair?”
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 pm
Nina heaved a sigh and rolled her head from side to side.
“I’m no fool to think we can get all these girls out. I have no quarrel to pick with the Prince tonight. Truth be told, for many of these girls meeting death tonight may be a mercy. As long as they aren’t turned the future ahead of them is brighter than what they had coming... If we can get Rosa out of here I shall be satisfied. We were playmates before we were forced to become playthings.”
She paused a moment.
“But yes, let’s get this dreary business with Alastair out of the way. I think I’ve made an impression of some sort... poor Colleen. I do forget that some women have shreds of dignity left. Mine were buried deep enough that I couldn’t feel them, but still present enough that I cared to stay alive.” She shrugged.
“Let’s go weave a web”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin
https://vtmwcn.forumotion.com

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:05 pm
The young Kindred make their way to where their prey awaits, spotting him easilly enough among the crowd. Thankfully he is not currently engaged with a large group of Vampires; only one. As they approach Alistair and his conversation partner turn and meet their eyes, and a sharklike smile works its way across Sheriff Lara's face.
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:31 pm
Eito smiled as he met their gaze and advanced toward the elder kindred. He hoped neither noticed him wipe away the sweat drop on his brow, instead thinking he was just straightening his hair as he said,
“Ah, Alastair! And Sheriff,” he turned to address her, “it’s a pleasure to see you both tonight. I hope you two are having as lovely a time here tonight as I.”

He sincerely wished he had a drink to sip to give a pause to the conversation. Without skipping a beat he proceeded with his attention to Alastair , “I don’t think we have seen one another much since your fascinating account of the Great War. Have these nights been keeping you busy?”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Sheriff Lara gives a barely perceptible nod of greeting to the newcomers, one hand resting idly on her hip where her signature buckler and blade are at the ready. Her lilting voice is cool and confident.

"Ah, if it isn't our little special circumstance. My, but I do wonder how you find the time to enjoy yourself with such pressing matters bearing down upon you as I know they do. But I suppose I do remember what it's like to be young, foolish and new to this world so I hope you keep as good a head upon your shoulders as dear Alistair endeavors to."

Alistair lets out a chiming laugh and takes a drag on his cigarette, letting the smoke haze out in the middle of the group. His voice is smooth and rich, his tone a subtle mockery of Lara's words.

"Ah, dear Lara, ever the worried elder sister! It is so refreshing to be reminded yet again that our city lies so secure and our Primogen's duties so well tended to that we may all indulge in small games and petty distractions to pass the nights!"

Alistair turns to Eito as he takes another drag on the cigarette, his eyes dancing.

"No, it has been some time indeed, young one. I do try to maintain contact with the more interesting elements of each new crop, but you've been particularly busy yourself haven't you? My nights are more or less the same old routine but I do confess the highlight of my night is often when I get to hear of your little Coterie's... exploits."
Eito Caine
Eito Caine

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:01 pm
Eito kept his grin, though it flattened slightly as he said, "If you have heard of our adventure's yet do not baulk at my presence, then you at least found them entertaining." Eito said, not addressing Laura just yet. "Though if there are any details you would like to confirm with me, I shall give you the honest truth. Journalistic integrity is still very important to me."
He then turned to Laura, "While I would love to catch up with the both of you, I am afraid now may not be the best time, as you see I am here on an errand of the heart, to aid a friend of mine."
He turned to face Alastair again, though he motioned with a finger to Nina, "You know Nina Giambi, yes? She is a very smart girl, not one to let her feelings cloud her judgement. Usually. Though she has been talking about you all night, but is too reserved to approach you directly, believing you do not wish to bother with someone like her. But I could not let her just give up on what she wants. She confided in me she desired a taste of your exquisite vitae."

He signed empathically, "For you see, when she looks upon you, it is like a simpleton staring at a dazzling painting, merely seeing what is before them, unable to appreciate the fabulous intricacies and depth. Please, if you find it within you, allow this poor girl a chance to marvel at your splendor. All she asks is a morsel and a moment of your attention."
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:04 pm
Nina did her best to keep her gaze low and shy, embodying the quiet and nervous girl that Eito described her to be. Swallowing pride and a bit of bile she then turned her eyes on Alastair and imagined she was looking at a truly great work of art — imprinting those memories and emotions onto her face, which would have otherwise been impassive and cold.
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm
The two elder Kindred stare at Eito for a moment before their gaze shifts to Nina. Alistair takes a quick scan of her, a hungry look in his eye. Lara, though, only shakes her head in dumbfoundment before turning back to Eito.

"Yes, Alistair! How ever will you respond to such a tempting, crafty proposition, I wonder?"

Alistair tries not to grind his teeth at the taunt, addressing Eito instead.

"I'm not opposed to the idea on principal, though I will say that for future reference such things are typically handled in private, or at the very least not in a room full of Auspex users."

There's a general titter of laughter all around and the two younger Kindred suddenly realize that many partygoers are staring directly at them as they chuckle, apparently having heard everything in spite of the background noise.

Alistair clears his throat and offers his arm up to Nina.

"If it pleases you, and if Sheriff Lara will excuse us, I think we can further discuss the matter in the gardens, away from prying... Everything's."

Lara waves a dismissive hand, sword and buckler clattering together with the smooth motion.

"Yes, go on and have your dalliance. I know now never to use these two as spies but the girl has some use at least. Speaking of whores..."

She turns to Nina, sharkl ike smile splitting her fair face again.

"Do give my best regards to dear Amandine. She's such a dear thing, and not at all suited to the life she has been forced into. I'm terribly afraid of what may happen to her and the other women of the boarding house should events in the city get out of hand. But she has a guardian angel in me."

Last edited by The Principality on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:10 pm
Nina wraps her arm over Alistair’s and returns a demure grin to the Sheriff.
“I trust that the city won’t experience any such trouble with such a capable sheriff in command. As for Amandine, she’s moved on from the boarding house to explore a higher calling.”
Nina follows Alistair into the gardens without a backward glance.
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm
The two of them make their way to one of the glass doors on the side of the room facing the central courtyard. A small pond with a fountain burbles in the center, with a weeping willow looming over the water. Alistair leads Nina over the grass to stand under the tree. He looks out onto the water for a moment before speaking, his words heavy with scorn.

"If you're going to make it in this society you're going to have to learn some form of subtlty. If that's how you arrange a clandestine meeting these people are going to eat you alive and Renee will never stop whining about it."

He turns to face Nina, annoyed lines of his face softening to something more compassionate.

"That said it may have been worth it just to see the look on that uptight bitch's face. Now, what do you really want? Does Renee have a message for me?"
Thomas Snout
Thomas Snout

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:45 pm
As the Kindred rejoined the swirling mélange of the Ashen ball, Tom stayed on the periphery. Paradoxically, he felt both obtrusive and invisible- he hung back, watching Eito and Nina approach Alastair and the Sheriff and discuss matters. His eyes wandered around the gathering; so many vampires gathered together. His gaze was inevitably drawn towards the strange and unearthly creatures suspended above, faeries, supposedly, tied to tall pedestals. They were beautiful creatures.

Alien and sad. Beautiful flies trapped, languish in a spider’s web.

All but one- a sylph with copper hair and eyes like honed razors. Tom stared at her, and her glare found him, and he was taken aback. There was fire there, a palpable seething rage that he could feel. He broke eye contact, ashamed, but unable to articulate why.

Sudden movement caught the gargoyle’s eye, and he saw Nina be led away by Alastair. He quietly slipped after them as they left the ball behind in favor of the cool gardens and the open night. Instead of following after them directly, he found the escape to the roof, watching them silently below, their words floating up to him.
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:47 pm
Nina slumped her shoulders and blew a stray hair from her eyes.
“Yes, subtlety. It’s something I didn’t realize my companion was lacking for this introduction. I’m sure you realize, it’s hard to navigate this society with so few worthy allies.”

Her gaze went out to the water before she turned back to Alistair, her pleading eyes wide, dark pearls in the moonlight.

“I spent most of my life as a pawn. I had only just found some freedom before Renee appeared and made me her newest toy. You see, I had many visions in those days. But ever since she’s turned me I’ve struggled to see anything beyond the present. Before, sleep would always bring my visions, but now… well we think blood may be the answer. Renee wants me to take some of your blood and see if it will trigger my sight again. My usual prey don’t seem to have enough potency to do any good. Not even the exotic blood of my pet gargoyle has been useful. She’s hoping with the blood of a powerful, potent Toreador I may be able to reignite the gift that has waned.”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:38 pm
Alistair perked up a bit at the explanation, standing a bit straighter and adjusting his crevat.

"I see. It's not unheard of that potent blood may trigger certain latent abilities, and Renee would love to test the potency of my blood I'm sure. She and I have crossed paths often enough that there is little love lost between us though. For all I know this is her putting a pretty little assassin or spy in close to me."

He turns to look Nina up and down, taking measure of her.

"So, to prove your trustworthiness and to purchase my vitae you will pay a twofold price. First, tell me something of Renee's plans. What is hard angle and what is she currently positioning herself for? Answer truthfully and you will have my trust. And I'll know if you're lying. Then, I shall allow you to take some of my vitae in exchange for a favor to be called in at a later time. And when it is called in, it is due then and there no matter what. No questions, no hesitation."

Apparently anticipating some protest he waves a hand to head it off.

"Don't worry, it won't be anything treasonous or dangerous. In fact if I can line up a few things soon then I think you'll greatly enjoy the resulting show when I bring you in. Does that sound fair?"
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:05 pm
Nina stares at him a long while before glancing back across the water. Returning her eyes to his she sighs heavily.
“Telling you the truth is rather easy when I do not truthfully know Renee’s aim. She uses me and makes sure I have no secrets from her, but it’s no two way street. However, I can get you the information you need by the night’s end. I’m afraid no love is lost between us, but she at least knows I fear her.”
Nina shuts her mouth tightly as if realizing her final words may have been less than necessary.
She smooths her hair and the sequins on her dress.
“I’ll return alone now. Wouldn’t want to lack subtlety and give anyone the wrong idea.”
The Principality
The Principality
Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:09 pm
He nods, taking a cigarette out of a tin and striking it lit.

"Find me when you have the information."
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:37 pm
Nina noticed Tom on the rooftop when she gazed across the water and subtly nods to him as she walks back into the ballroom.
Meeting again in the well-lit room she grits her teeth and shakes her head.
“The cost of a favor from Alistair is steep indeed. I’ve given myself until the end of the night to succeed or make some other decision. For now, I think we need to proceed with our plans before everyone gathers for the presentations.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum