Vampire The Masquerade Windy City Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Thomas Snout
Thomas Snout

Planning an Escape  - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning an Escape

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:47 pm
‘Sounds good.’ Tom nodded. ‘The spiders in their webs will have to wait.’ He ushered the Toreador towards the stairs with courteous aplomb. ‘Time to find Eito and have some fun.’
Nina Giambi
Nina Giambi

Planning an Escape  - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning an Escape

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:25 pm
Nina and Tom made their way to Eito as he separated himself from the Sheriff. “I figure that now is as good a time as any. So where is this girl?” Tom asked. Eito led them forward, back to the first floor, but Tom paused. “Which room is it, Caine? The one where you have your ladyfriend?” “End of the hall, on the right. Why?” “I’ll meet you there. I am not going to risk a scene in the main hall. See you shortly.” Nina and Eito continued on, until the librarian stopped her companion at the threshold. “Look, I don’t think one will be enough for our hearty appetites. Let me fetch another one and that should satisfy.” She said this a little too loudly and hurried back to the entrance. She returned in short order, leading a tan girl by the arm. The girl was sporting a crimson red ribbon around her neck and was bleary eyed. “Delectable, no?” The girl winced, but Nina motioned for the men to continue, ignoring the girl’s plaintive looks. Eito opened the door into the study, far down the corridor. Agatha’s open, pallid hand was all that was visible behind a desk. The girl on Nina’s arm went white as a sheet and started to babble. “Oh, Nina, no. You said we’d get out of here, away from this. I thought you were dead, but Amandine mentioned, so I thought maybe… oh, please just make it quick.” She sobbed and clutched at her arms. “Rosa, hush. You will get out of here.” Nina gently removed the red ribbon from her neck and walked across the room to remove Agatha’s as well. “Here’s what’s going to happen — we’re going to get you out the window and to the street. You will hail a taxi and tell them your friend has had a bit too much to drink and you’re taking her home. This gentleman will make sure you can handsomely tip the driver to help you get this good lady inside. We will meet with you tomorrow to get you into safe lodging after all of this. Understand? Eito, hand her some cash and your address. You rendered your guest unconscious so the least you can do is offer up your space.” Eito thought to object, but seeing that Agatha’s chance of getting out and rendering information to him was now plausible, he decided to agree. “Tom, help these good women out to the street discreetly, won’t you?” She motioned to Agatha. She turned to Rosa, taking her arms tightly in hand. “Tell no one anything of what you saw tonight. And darling, you must start spreading the rumor again that I am dead.” Rosa nodded numbly and then had to stifle a choking scream as Tom stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself as he stooped to scoop up the prostrate Agatha. “I am here to help you- if you want to survive the night, Rosa, you will have to stay very silent, do you understand?” The bewildered young woman nodded mutely, managing to follow Tom out the window. Once outside, Tom draped one of Agatha’s arms over Rosa, but held her weight in his own arms. His skin cracked and shifted until it blended with the bricks and cobblestone of the alley so that it appeared Rosa alone was carrying her disheveled friend, who bore a hazy, mirage-like aura. Once they were down the street, safely away, Tom returned through the window. “Bolt that shut, please.” Nina said. As he crawled in his stony skin returned to normal. Eito shoved the red ribbons deep into his pockets. “Well, that’s done. Perhaps we could find some alternative horderves? I’m starving!” Tom grinned and walked to the door.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum